Social Circus - The Review!!!

Part of an Interview :

Q. "Social Circus" is a very dark, angst ridden album - where is it coming from?

A. "Social Circus" is an album of bittersweet symphonies. It is full of double meanings and contradictions. It comes from a time in my life when I was giving up and living in denial. It was a tumultuous, changing time in my life. There was a lot happening in my relationship with my band members, my friends, my girl friend. I thought that everything around me was changing and that I couldn't keep up but it was I who was evolving. It was a big maturity shift; I realized my needs had changed but they were no longer being met. All the emotions of the 32 years that I have lived came to the fore in one go. And these upheavals put everything in perspective. I had hundreds of questions to ask of life ? and "Social Circus" has all these questions and some answers; it's a dialogue with myself.

Q. Do you think that people will be able to absorb such an intensely personal dialogue?

A. "Social Circus" has emerged out of a deep, hidden place inside me that people don't know about. I've used music and words to elaborate on it and understand it for myself. I've just shared the upper crust of what there is. People don't need to understand me to understand the music. It will touch different people in different ways and maybe become part of their own dialogue with themselves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment